Ok, I just thought of something pretty cool. We were in Holywood last week going by some Less Active members, with no success. Nobody answered and nobody on the street wanted to talk. And it was raining really hard. So, we got done and we were waiting at the bus stop, when this guy in a way nice Jaguar pulled up across the street and waved us over. He asked us if he could buy a Book of Mormon and we told him they were free and gave him one. He told us he's curious cause his church has been telling him that we don't believe in Jesus Christ and that we worship Joseph Smith and he wanted to see for himself. So, we quickly resolved those concerns and got his information before he drove off. We're both really excited to see how that goes.
The Senior Couple here are called the Forsyths. They fed us dinner last week and it was a really cool visit. They have a son on his mission in Florida right now, so they are serving in the mission field at the same time as their son. That's pretty crazy stuff. Probably a lot to worry about everyday. They fed us some delicious jalepeno enchiladas and cookies. Senior couples rule.
There are more Elders than us out there. Haha. We were walking down the street and we met a guy who's name was legitimately Elder. He thought it was hilarious that our name tags said Elder on them and we all just sat there calling each other Elder for awhile. Funny stuff.
The ward is so epic. They are focusing on getting us meal appointments everyday so that we can be full. We walk around church and I tell the Relief Society things like: I'm withering away, I can't sleep at night because my stomach growls so much, and that every time I try to open my mouth to testify, I drop to my knees in pain because I'm so hungry. hahaha. They bought into it at first, but then they figured out I was messing around and punched me. Hilarious.
Our progress has been slow this past week. It's been raining really hard non-stop, so people haven't been as willing to listen to us on the street. And many of our investigators cancelled their appointments, but this week will be much better. We will keep going strong.
We're still doing a huge family history push. Someone in our family is legendary because our family history goes REALLY far back. Especially on the royal lines. One of the royal lines goes all the way back to Adam! What the! haha. Everyone's always always jealous of it.
Hey, I love you all! Thanks for all your support and encouragement!
Elder Goodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment